Kettle Holiday Cottage is a brand new purpose built holiday cottage located within Kingskettle, Fife, Scotland. It is a single story building. It has a double bedroom, bathroom with shower enclosure, open plan lounge, diner and kitchen . Sleeps 2 Adults. Sofa bed available for child.
French doors lead from the bedroom to a private decking area with a Hot Tub.
The property is situated near to the railway line but there is minimal disruption.
Want to learn Guitar or Banjo whilst you stay? Check out the Guitar and Music tabs above and you can have a learn whislt enjoying your stay.
NO SMOKING PERMITTED. NO PETS. Gutars and Banjo's welcome!!
Kingskettle is a quiet charming village which is nestled in the Howe Of Fife. It is about 30 min drive from St Andrews and the East Neuk of Fife and within easy reach of all main tourist attractions.
The village has a local Hotel which serves excellent food and a further two pubs one of which serves a Mexican menu which is very popular. There is a small Post Office / Grocery store and an outlet which sells freshly prepared rolls, baguettes etc from early morning. Banks and more shops are available half a mile away at nearby Ladybank. Local supermarkets are a short drive away.
Kettle Cottage is an excellent location for a relaxing holiday without the driving . It is located 1 mile from Ladybank Railway Station which gives passengers a hassle free trip to all major destinations including Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, Inverness etc. A local bus service, a 5 min walk away, offers access to major towns both within and outwith Fife.
The Howe of Fife has numerous small villages the main tourist attraction being Falkland with its famous Palace and Gardens. A pub in Freuchie also has the CAMRA award for best beer!.Guitar/Banjo lessons
- On your doorstep David Latto will teach you anything you want to play on your guitar or banjo. Why not book a great weekend and learn some new chords or even do some songwriting. This is a great opportunity for music lovers to relax and learn.
- Fife is the home of golf and there are over 50 courses within a 25 mile radius including the world renowned St. Andrews Old Course. Ladybank Golf Course is just 1 mile away. We can provide a set of golf clubs, mens and ladies if you fancy a round.
- The Kingdom of Fife Millennium Cycle Ways has 11 clear and easy to use maps to help cyclists navigate the 25 circular cycle routes around Fife
- The Lomond Hills are nearby where there are are numerous lovely walks in the hills.
- The Fife Coastal Path runs from the Forth Estuary in the South and runs for 150km to the Tay Estuary in the North. The path is clearly marked and is suitable for all ranges of walkers from easy level walking to wild and demanding. You may even spot a few seals along the way.
- Birnie Loch is a wild life reserve just a 5 minute car drive away - walk around the beautiful loch and view the various birds from the viewing hut.
- Nearby nature reserves such as the Isle of May and the Tay Estuary are well known bird watching areas
- If fishing is your passion you can do this at many nearby locations, including Loch Leven and the river Eden.
- Enjoy the beautiful countryside on horse back at the local riding stables.
- Horse riding lessons can be arranged at local yard 10 minutes drive away
- Cluny Clays is about a 20 minute drive away and offers Clay pigeon shooting, golf. archery, air rifles and falconry.